Monday, August 27, 2012

Things Have Changed

     In many way things have changed. I came to this realization after I took a "Geo" Quiz (link at the bottom) and listened to both parts of Bill McKibben's Eaarth podcasts (link also at the bottom). Things have greatly changed in this world, when I took the quiz I realized how much I really don't know about the world around me it was honestly a shocker. It asked me questions about my bioregion and I honesty didn't know the answers to some questions. Some of the questions included asking what species of grass were outside of my shelter, what animals are endangered, and where is my food and water from. Just those handful of questions alone got me thinking, then I listened to the podcast which added on. Bill McKibben discusses some of his views which were expressed in his work Eaarth. He made many points about how the world has changed (thus the extra a in the spelling of Earth). He discusses different things that he thinks would help move us in a different direction and how the world could change. I would suggest looking at this links yourselves because it was certainly interesting and makes one think more.


Quiz: https://sites.google.com/site/plenzdorf/bioregionalquiz
Podcast:
(Part 1) http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode.cfm?id=bill-mckibbens-eaarth-10-04-21
(Part 2)http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode.cfm?id=bill-mckibbens-eaarth-conclusion-10-04-22&WT.mc_id=SA_emailfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment